Tips on Purchasing Maternity Clothes for the Pregnant
June 27, 2018
Tip one: take care of the timing.
Since the second trimester, the pregnant carried with one baby can show that she is pregnant. In the first three months, you don’t have to change the size of your clothes, but when you need it, you buy what you need.
– You can wear clothes from your partner larger than you are to balance the transition time between wearing clothes before and maternity clothes, like men’s button-up shirts.
– “Belly button”, a simple device including an elastic with buttons, can be used to make pants and skirts wider for the adjustment of a growing bump. It’s crucial to veil your waist with a long top.
– For the prevention of an abrupt growth spurt during the second trimester, you must have some maternity tools within your reach. Before you can go to shop, the clothes should be prepared enough for you to wear.
Tip two: have clear purchase object.
You can choose to buy maternity clothing whether in department stores or specialty maternity stores. The latter enjoys more selection of styles and sizes, which is the same as consignment stores for the fact that many women don’t need to keep their maternity clothing.
– The pre-pregnancy size is the basis of most sizes that cannot change, but you can change brand. You’d better choose the larger one.
– Clothing made of cotton jersey and Lycra can have long duration through some stages of pregnancy because of its stretch.
– don’t be shy to try on any clothes you want to buy in case something itchy, sticky happens when you wear them at home.
– Buy wardrobe with layers. With the hormones fluctuation, your body temperature can go two extremes a few times a day, so you can classify your clothes in wardrobe equipped with layers.
– Never narrow your clothes only in one style. Try pants with varieties of stretch panels to be flattering and extraordinary. As the time goes by, your stomach grows, so do your posterior and hips.
– In order to make sure the fit of clothes you’re trying on, use a “prosthetic tummy” in the store. When unavailable, use the shopping bag with one or two clothing items in it, which does good.
– It’s strange that women have bigger feet when they’re pregnant. So it’s time to change shoes to a larger size to accommodate the feet properly.
– The last but not the least. Change bras with the larger ones for the increase of the bust size. There is no need to buy the larger one than that of your present size. It needs to be addressed that professional guidance from department or lingerie store is conducive to your choice. As for underpants, there are two options. One is maternity briefs which is over the belly, another is cut and fit as usual in a larger size and you can wear it under the belly.
Tip three: show confidence.
Don’t wear old-fashioned clothes your mother and grandmother may wear, like tent-like dresses and sweaters. Instead, try new styles to show your beauty even when you are pregnant.
– Accentuate the most of yourself. For example, a cute skirt, matched with a cap-sleeved top and an eye-catching neckline, highlights your trim legs, toned arms as well as a pretty throat and décolletage.
– Clothes with a mixture of comfort and easy style is suggested, like the high-quality sweater or
detailed, flat-soled boots.
– Embellish your clothes with accessories like scarves and jewelry. Choose clothes you can still wear after you gave birth to the baby.
Tip four: buy nursing items in advance.
It can be hard to go back to where before the pregnancy and take care of the child, so you do not want to spare time to go shopping for nursing items, which can already be avoided by purchasing them in your second or third trimester.
– Use nursing bras to unveil one of your breasts, which is a way featured with easiness to breastfeeding even outside the home.